1. Submitted invoice for payment of article/photo.
2. Bathed Rudy and cleaned his ears myself...no grooming fee. Normally I clip his nails after a bath, but he had a vet appointment this week, and our vet office always clips their patients' nails as a free perk during appointments, so I was happy to let them do it this time. I looked up grooming fees at PetSmart and Petco, and apparently a bath/ear cleaning/nail trim costs $18.99 for his breed at PetSmart and $33 at Petco. Nice to have a concrete idea of how much this chore saves.
3. Knocked out some physically taxing chores on Monday, and was really wanting to order a pizza instead of cooking diner. But since I had to run to WalMart anyway, I found I was just as happy getting a frozen pizza instead and saving some bucks.
4. After several years of use, my laptop battery would no longer hold a charge and had to be kept plugged in at all times. After months and months of this, I finally started researching reviews on Amazon (which is where I got the current one, and was perfectly happy with it, but since it was no longer available I had to find an alternative). I found one with good reviews and info for about $100 less on Amazon than from the laptop manufacturer.
5. Made a menu plan and shopping list. It's so much easier to stick to my cook-at-home resolve when I have the ingredients in the house. I still need to go to the local grocery...ran out of energy after Costco yesterday. :)
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday: Macaroni & Cheese Deluxe, leftover salmon & Kale Salad, Cornbread Salad
Sunday: Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday: frozen pizza
Wednesday: meatloaf, leftover mac & cheese, broccoli
Thursday: smothered pork chops, rice, broccoli
Friday: Taco Salad
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)