1. Replaced the screen of broken Kindle 3 Keyboard myself. Yippee-skippy! Patting myself on the back and LOVING reading the repaired lightweight Kindle 3 so much more than the heavy Kindle Fire I've been using in the interim!
2. I have been refraining from shopping, which seems to get easier with practice. I did buy a used book on Amazon this week (shaved $6 off the price of buying a new copy). It was a specialized book about a topic (which I will no doubt blog about at some point) that I felt was important to share with family.
3. Preparing for the quilt retreat coming up. I had to be in neighboring town today to pick a key for work on Monday, so I did go to Joann's while I was there and picked up some quilt batting using a 60% off coupon for one and a 40% off coupon for the other. I bought a few small on-sale items for card making as well, then used an additional 20% off entire order coupon. That took my total from $120 down to a much better $62. Hobbies are expensive, but I try to keep my hobbies to ones that produce practical items. :)
4. Also filled up my gas tank while in same neighboring town at 10¢ per gallon less than it is being sold locally. And I was nigh on empty, so I was happy to get a deal.
5. And I drove the speed limit which saves on fuel economy and speeding tickets.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Sunday: Sunday supper at Kasey's
Monday: Roast, potatoes, carrots, gravy
Tuesday: *Young's sandwiches
Wednesday: rotisserie chicken, buttered potatoes, broccoli
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)