1. Standing in front of the fridge on Wednesday, I was wondering what I could combine to make a supper, I saw a variety of small quantities of vegetables that needed using up but no meat except some bacon. I had plenty of eggs, so I decided to try my hand at a frittata. I've never made one before, so it was a learning experience. Next time I will know to have all the vegetables prepped/sliced before getting started. Once you start, it moves pretty fast.
2. One day of work this week.
3. Caitlyn had a school project that required copious amounts of adhesive tape. She was working on it while we were there on Sunday, and that's when she exhausted their household supply. I knew we had some, so I came home and rounded ours up. Not knowing how much more she would need, I just kept gathering. I delivered eight partial rolls of gift-wrapping tape, and as a joke I picked up two huge rolls of packing tape and added them to the lot. The project has been turned in, and the tape has all been returned. I also loaned Kasey my car to drive the girls and Caitlyn's project to school on the due date, as she wasn't sure how to fit said project through the doors of either of theirs. The project was a roller coaster built from paper, by the way. Apparently her teacher assigns this annually to each of her classes. Beau is contemplating scenarios to get the teacher fired before Chloe has her next year. ;) This was more frugal for them than for me, I suppose, but at least I know I won't need to purchase any tape for our gift wrapping.
4. I took Rudy to the vet yesterday. He was acting rather uncharacteristically low energy, and he has yelped several times lately while chewing on a favorite hard toy. We thought maybe he had broken a tooth, and with the listlessness I was imagining an infection might have set in. Since I had to work today and Monday, I didn't want to put off taking him. Yes, you guessed it, he is completely fine, no problems could be found. How is this frugal? Well, for a mere $60 I have peace of mind that I won't have to call the emergency vet over the weekend. (Yes, I know, that is a real stretch.)
5. Gasoline prices are still low. I filled up at $1.86 per gallon on Wednesday. That was about two weeks on one tank of gas, which for me is pretty good.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday: pasta w/ Italian sausage
Sunday: Sunday family supper at Kasey & Beau's
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)