background

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

What I'm reading Wednesday...

Promised to the Crown by Aimie K. Runyan
I needed something a little lighter after some of my recent selections.  This is the first of a series about the French women who traveled to New France (present-day Canada) in 1667 when Louis XIV issued a request.  Their purpose was to find husbands among the mostly-male population and have families, thereby settling and populating the young French colony.

The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan
This is one I read between Wednesday posts a couple of weeks ago and then forgot to include.  I had mixed feelings about it; started out well, but the end seemed a little too Harlequin Romance-y, if you get my drift.

2 comments:

  1. That series has an interesting premise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks interesting. The books I read about the Dakota Territory always talk about more men than women and female relatives who weren't able to find a husband in Norway traveling to the territory in search of Mr. Right or in this case, Mr. Convenient.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails