background

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Over the river and through the woods...

We had such a great day yesterday.  We had a trip scheduled to see Carey's mom.  I didn't know the kids had the day off from school.  Caitlyn asked if she could spend Sunday night with us.  I told her sure, but I would have to take her home really early Monday morning unless she wanted to go with us to see her great-grandmother.  She didn't want to spend the majority of the day in the car, so she begged off.  Her sister, however, quickly accepted even though I told her she would have to be up and ready to go at 7 a.m.  

So Caitlyn spent the night with us, and early Monday we took her home and picked up Chloe.  Kasey said Chloe was already up and ready when Kasey went in to wake her.  :)  Smart girl brought a pillow for the car and promptly used it once we got on the highway for the four-hour trip.

Upon arrival she was well rested and 'on' for her day with great grandmother and great uncle and aunt.

She wasn't expecting lunch out at Red Lobster, but was thrilled when she got to order crab legs.  Aunt Carla was sitting next to her.  She had also ordered crab legs, and they bonded as Aunt Carla taught Chloe exactly how to make the most of the rare treat.

Then we went back to Kevin and Carla's house, and Chloe had a ball playing with their adorable Yorkie who knows lots of tricks and isn't shy of performing.  Sadly my phone battery was too low to get photos of the two of them, but Chloe was in seventh heaven, and I wouldn't be surprised if she begins campaigning for a Yorkie of her own.  Aunt Carla also had lots of fun things to do, and poured attention Chloe's way...and she gifted her with a chair(!) which luckily just fit in the back of my car.  Those two became fast friends!  And there is no better way to endear oneself to me than to love my grandchildren.  :)

We got home about 9 p.m.  Just in time for bedtime on a school night.

1 comment:

  1. Love Love Love hearing about this special day. Grandchildren are a blessing and your 5 are all special. So glad Chloe and her aunt had special time as well. Her reward for hanging out with the old folks. And Crab Legs. Yes!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails