background

Friday, July 3, 2020

Frugal Friday File, week 27...

Successes:
1.  Enjoying a paid holiday!  One of the nice things about full-time job rather than part time.

2.  For a month or so, I went a little nuts with online shopping.  (It was actually why I brought back The Frugal Friday File.) I guess it was because I hadn't been out to shop for non-grocery items for months, and there were just some things we needed, but still.  This week I only received two deliveries...meal delivery, and one I had ordered awhile back and the shipping was delayed.  It's a good feeling getting some control back.

3.  I did make quite a large curbside order for produce at Sprouts this week.  (They have a lot of organics, etc.)  It's the first time I've done curbside with them, so there was no fee added.  I'm hoping to do a large batch of roasted vegetables to use for meals and to make lunches for my work next week.

4.  Caitlyn is here doing the floors and whatever else I think of for her to do.  She is saving for the expenses that come with being a licensed driver (she's not licensed yet, but in training).  Her cleaner rate is a bargain, I'm happy for the help, and glad that she is planning ahead for the costs.  It's good experience too learning to please an employer...I make her go back and redo the spots she doesn't notice or misses, and I insist she learns to do satisfactory hospital corners.  :)
     And she's wearing a mask while she is here.

5.  I'm working on a gift for my mother-in-law.  All from supplies on hand.  I'll show it later.

So have you been saving money or exceeding spending expectations with the pandemic?

2 comments:

  1. We have been saving money here, Kath. Lots of costs, such as fuel and public transport fares, have been minimised as my husband is working from home. I haven't really done a lot of shopping, besides grocery shopping, and am finding those costs rising here with few specials to be had.

    I am glad you are enjoying a holiday. It is school holidays here and many people are travelling within our state as restrictions have eased somewhat. We are staying home but I did enjoy a lovely day out yesterday and lunch with my friends. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our state is one of those where the numbers are spiking upward (governor irresponsibly reopened before a sustained downward trajectory, and boy did the revelers go wild, and continue to do so...you would think they never view/hear a news article), so we are still trying to avoid public situations as much as possible. I am really missing a nice meal out with friends...so glad to hear you enjoyed one recently!

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails