background

Sunday, March 15, 2020

Tip of the week...


This may be something you have known forever, and feel free to roll your eyes at me for being proud of myself for learning it within the past year.  LOL

I am forever searching online for something, and then accidentally closing the tab before I am through reading, ordering, or (as in the case of the recipe shown above) making whatever it was I had searched for.  If that happens to you too, rather than retracing your many steps to find the page again, just try this tip.  

With your search engine open (I know this works in Windows, not sure about Mac) press CTRL, SHIFT, T all at the same time.  The page you were last looking at will reopen.  And if you had several different tabs open, just press CTRL, SHIFT, T repeatedly until they each open one at a time.  

I have found this keyboard shortcut to be invaluable since learning it.  Hope it can help somebody else out.  It even works if you close the entire browser; just open the browser and press CTRL, SHIFT, T until all your tabs are open again.  I don't think it works if you have shut off your computer, unless it shutdown accidentally (say you lose battery power, or your electricity goes off; then it will work when your computer restarts.

PS:  The recipe shown in the photo of the website screenshot above is for my friend LB's recipe blog What's Cookin with Faithy.  The link to the recipe shown is under the photo if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails