background

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Life in self-isolation...

Pandemic.  It seems so strange to believe one is upon us.  I pray that all who check in here are safe and well.

Carey and I are working.  Both of us have heard hints of our employers putting plans in place for possibly working from home.  My heart goes out to all of the workers who are already suffering due to the restrictions on public gathering.

At my office, we are no longer seeing clients in person; phone and web-conferencing are all we are allowed.  There are just the two of us in the office, and plenty of space to keep to ourselves.

Yesterday I bought a box of fresh fruit from a vendor who stopped by the building.  It may not have been the wisest thing to do, but neither is it wise to go to the market, and fresh fruit was one thing we were lacking.  Today I washed it all in a soak of water with a bit of chlorine bleach added.

And that is how things go for us.  Be well, friends.  And wash your hands.  :)

14 comments:

  1. Kath, I have just read the hateful and hate filled comment above. It is from a mindless moron. You are loved by your family and friends. Keep safe. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Catherine. This is about the 5th or 6th time I've gotten some version of that comment. Usually I try to catch them before anyone else sees them. It's a pretty common spam comment, as I know tons of bloggers besides me have received it. Hate filled, indeed, but in no way do I take it personally...because I have more blog friends who give me warm fuzzies than I do hateful spam. ;) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I see the hateful spammer has expanded the screed they are posting all over the place. Sad to be them.

    Anyway, thanks for the idea of diluted bleach for washing fruit! Hope you both get to work from home soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they've added that current news bit.

      I've actually read that a soak in water w/ baking soda added is better at cutting pesticides, but I thought that the bleach might be better for germ-y-ness.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. :)

      I just hope that they come to be washed in the light of a loving higher power.

      Delete
  4. Holding on. No problems but Boredom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang in there. If you watch any good shows, tell me which ones!

      Delete
  5. Fresh fruit picture makes me smile. Thanks. I am well, here in WI. Staying put at my farm, working from home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could send you some oranges. Glad you are well. A farm in Wisconsin sounds like a good place to self isolate.

      Delete
  6. It's such a challenging time now around the world. A lot of hardship. A time to support one another. Stay well! MegXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you today having lovely autumn weather. We were at 90° F. (32° C?) I'm not ready for summer.

      Delete
  7. That fresh fruit you bought looks delicious. I had a delightful arrival in the mail today, a card handmade by you. I am self isolating at home because of my age for two weeks now. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carey got home and was so glad to see fresh fruit in the house. I took today off, so today I'm baking bread.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails