background

Saturday, January 4, 2020

I ask you...

...how do you lose a bucketful of Swiffer supplies?  A bucket...F-U-L-L.

I've been looking for it for weeks.  I looked in cabinets.  I looked in the bathrooms.  I looked in the office.  I looked in the guest rooms.  I looked in the closets.  Then a few days later I would look in all those places again.  

It has a home in the bottom of a shelf unit in the laundry room, but with the colder weather, I've been having to leave Rudy in the laundry room on chilly mornings.  (Don't worry, it warms up by noon, so I come home at lunch and let him out to play for the afternoon.)  Anyway, I moved the swiffer supplies to the laundry room counter top to keep it out of his reach.  I could just picture coming home to a blizzard of shredded swiffer refills.

I finally asked Carey if he had stashed it somewhere, which he denied.  (He is notorious for moving things that are in his way, and putting them somewhere that holds no logic for me.)  Then...surprise!...he found them.  So I ask you, don't you bet that he stashed it somewhere?  Yeah...me too!  :)

But what does it say about the condition of my house that the chaos of clutter is such that a huge item can get lost?  So this weekend is for working around the house.  Between the holidays and working, the house is suffering (not that it is ever company ready).

I always do better with a list to check off boxes as I complete a chore, and right now I need the extra incentive of keeping me accountable to you, so I will come back at intervals through the weekend to check off the completed items.  (And just so you know, I have more energy in the afternoons and evenings, so don't expect to see any progress in the morning!)

Here's my list:
     ☑  wash the master-bed linens 
       put linens back on master bed
       wash light-color clothes
     ☑  wash dark-color clothes
       clean bathroom
     □  wash bath mats
     ☑  take down the Christmas tree
     ☑  spend 15 minutes clearing clutter
     □  spend 15 more minutes clearing clutter
     □  spend 15 more minutes clearing clutter
     □  spend 15 more minutes clearing clutter
     □  dust
     ☑ swiffer
     ☑ vacuum
     □  steam mop bathroom
     □  steam mop kitchen
     □  clean Rudy's nose prints off the back glass door
     □  pay bills
     ☑  make 6 cards

1 comment:

  1. I hate when that happens. I've done this too and it will drive you crazy. I'll bet the DH put it somewhere but I don't have that excuse and it still happens to me.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails