background

Friday, October 18, 2019

Frugal Friday file 2019, week 42...

Successes:
1.  I worked four days this week.

2.  I paid off my car loan!  Yea!!!  From now on that amount will be going into savings for next vehicle.  Carey has been talking about replacing his truck for awhile now, so it will be coming up soon, I'm sure.

3.  I've been doing some online window shopping for clothes, but was able to hold off on purchasing.  There's a possibility that I will need some things, but I decided to stand strong in the face of the SALE siren's song and wait until I have all the facts.

4.  Used very little gasoline this week, since worked very close to home.

5.  It's cooling off...FINALLY!  The electric bill was down just a bit this month, and am looking forward to it to continue dropping until we need to start heating.  I'm about to put the warmer linens on the bed...same ones we've had for years as all are still in good condition.

Saturday:  Frito Pie
Sunday:  Sunday family supper at Kasey & Beau's
Monday:  leftovers
Tuesday:  roast, potatoes, carrots
Wednesday:  *Schlotzsky sandwiches
Thursday:  *chicken
Friday:  ?

Number of individual servings made and frozen for work lunches this week:  2

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

4 comments:

  1. I just paid mine for the last month. Ouch! Expecting good news on the next bill since I have had the system turned off for a sporadic week of days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Fall for the relief from the heat AND the electric bills. :)

      Delete
  2. Paying off that car loan is wonderful, Kath. I like your plan to put that money towards buying another car when it's needed. We are looking for a new-to-us car too but just taking our time to find the right one to replace our old ute. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We almost rushed into a car search when my husband received an offer from someone to purchase his truck a few months ago, but he has decided not to sell his truck, so I've gained more time to squirrel away funds. :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails