background

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

What I'm reading Wednesday...

Moloka'i by Alan Brennert

I am probably one of the few people I know who has absolutely no interest in going to Hawaii.  Or basically any place warm and sunny.  Or even reading about it.  Give me cold and damp any day.  LOL

Still I needed a book to fill the Hawaii category on my 2019 reading challenge.  This one is about the leprosy colony to which thousands were exiled from the mid nineteenth to the mid twentieth centuries.  

If I can't have cold and damp, give me gloom and despair of some other kind.  :)

6 comments:

  1. I love cold, rainy or snowy weather. I'm not a fan of the heat and here I am living in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m MELTING! Tomorrow I’m heading north! (Yes…departure was delayed by a day…and I’m STILL not packed!)

      Delete
  2. Interesting. There was a movie about Molokai - I think it was called Hawaii? An oldie with Richard Harris, Max von Sydow and Julie Andrews (now I know it was called Hawaii because I had to look it up to find the cast!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, that's not the one. Just read the plot and there's no mention of Molokai.

      Delete
  3. I was here today to see what you are reading. I think I will pass on this one, I have had strawberry rash this year and seem to itch constantly. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember seeing a statue of Father Damien who ministered to the lepers. I'd be interested in reading Molokai.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails