background

Friday, June 14, 2019

Frugal Friday File 2019, week 24...

Successes:
1.  This week I had enough tomatoes off the vine I was gifted to make two tomato pies (savory, not sweet), one for us and one to share.

2.  I remembered to pick up a laundry pretreat stick for the master bathroom, since the current one is running on empty.  Keeping pretreat near the hamper means I can treat stains as I put clothes in the hamper at night.  I keep another one in the laundry room.  It's the rare and determined stain that gets past this girl.  :)

3.  A friend called to invite me to lunch.  She offered to buy my lunch if I would make and bring a birthday card she needs to send to a special friend for an upcoming birthday.  I finished the card today, and will probably make her a couple more just to keep on hand.  She's always an ego boost where my cards are concerned.

4.  I completed 3 surveys for free Sonic drinks, and used 2.

5.  I sat and waited on Chloe at track camp a couple of days.  I try to park in shade if there is any, but definitely a little away from the other waiting parents so that the heat coming off their running engines doesn't make its way in my open windows.  Temperatures here are in the high 80s, but there has been slight breezes, so it's not intolerable.  Open windows and engines off is better for the engine, gasoline usage, and the environment.  

Frugal FAIL:  Tuesday I was late getting started on preparing supper, so I pulled some frozen meatballs out of the freezer and set to making some sweet & sour meatballs over rice.  Blech!  We each forced down a small helping and then threw away the rest (except for the rice, it was separate, so we saved it for another meal).  I don't know if the recipe was off, or if I made a blunder, or if the meatballs were super high in salt to begin with so that the soy sauce put it into the stratosphere.  I think this is only the third time in the past 40 years that we have both hated a meal I prepared so much that we had to just trash it.  

Saturday:  *Tex-Mex
Sunday:  Sunday family supper at Kasey & Beau's
Monday:  Liver & Onions, garlic mashed potatoes, broccoli
Tuesday:  sweet & sour meatballs over rice 😝
Wednesday:  pork chops, rice w/ gravy, tomato pie, green beans
Thursday:  leftovers
Friday: baked chicken, hot potato salad, veg

Number of individual servings made and frozen for work lunches this week:  12 (plus 10 slices of individually packaged banana bread)

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails