background

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

What I'm reading Wednesday...

  
I'm still behind in my 2019 Reading Challenge.  My goal is to read a book which is set in each of the 50 states in the U.S. as well as one set in the District of Columbia...so 51 books total.  I've completed seventeen books toward that goal (as denoted by the shaded states on the map above), which means I am about four short so far.

I Shall Be Near to You by Erin Lindsay McCabe

I'm still working on I Shall Be Near to You, but I've had so much to do, that it hasn't left much time to spend reading.

I did finish the audiobook I started last week, and I listened to another as well.

One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd a novel by Jim Fergus

It was okay, but pretty implausible in my opinion.  The premise is that women were recruited by the US government in the 1870s to marry and help assimilate Native American tribes.  I did like the narration better than the previous audiobook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails