background

Friday, May 17, 2019

Frugal Friday file 2019, week 20...

Successes:
1.  Found an outdated rebate check for $30 that I had never cashed.  Called the company, and they will reissue.  It should arrive within two weeks.  I WILL cash it this time.

2.  I booked four work days over the next couple of months.

3.  Paid credit card, electricity, and phone bills before the 15th of the month so there would be no service charges.  The rest of the bills don't even issue invoices till after the 20th, so I end up having to pay in two batches.  I've tried to consolidate in the past with no luck, so I just have to remember.  I can't remember the last time I accidentally let it slip by, but I'm always afraid I will...I despise late fees.

4.  I made a big batch of ice, and also a big pitcher of cold brew coffee, so I haven't been as antsy for fountain drinks.

5.  I've been sticking pretty close to home, so haven't used much gasoline.  That doesn't mean the stay-home days were no-spend days.  I have ordered custom desk top and cutting -table top from Home Depot; some clothes when I came on a good online sale, a duplicate of a book I already own (grrrrrr!), and I caved and bought some fabric.  :(

Saturday:  *pizza
Sunday:  Sunday family supper at Kasey & Beau's
Monday:  leftovers
Tuesday:  tuna casserole, green beans
Wednesday:  *Tex-Mex
Thursday:  sandwich
Friday:  breakfast for dinner

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

2 comments:

  1. I recently contacted my credit card companies and had my payment date changed to the same date for all. Utilities are not so accommodating. Now if the Prez doesn't pull any fast ones that halt the issuance of SSA checks, I should be fine. I just clicked over from Boomer Girl. I'll be your new follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara,

      Welcome! Happy to have you. I love that Boomer Girl’s blog too. :)

      I’ve tried changing the payment schedule with each of these bills in the past, but had no luck. Now it’s been so long it’s pretty automatic for me.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails