background

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

What I'm reading Wednesday...

Trouble the Water by Jacqueline Friedland

A young girl from an impoverished (previously middle-class) British family is sent to live with a family friend on his South Carolina plantation.

I'm not far into it.  Too much to do.  I am serious about making progress on my 2019 reading challenge list, but I'm missing reading about other places and peoples.  I thought the heroine of this one might lend a flavor of England.

I have today off, but working Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri. of this week.  And Carey gets home today, so it is my "moppin' the moose day."  That is a phrase borrowed from my dear niece, Steph.  I don't know where it comes from, or what it means, but I know what it feels like:

Talking with my friend, the other Kathleen, this morning, and mentioned that I was working down my weekly to-do list.  She told me to post its photo, so here it is.  Photo was a couple of chores ago, so there are more boxes marked.  I prioritize by putting an asterisk next to the ones I really need to get done on any given day.  I mark partial progress by filling in half of the box.

If you happen to see your name on the '52 cards in 52 weeks' section...it's coming...sometime soon...eventually.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails