background

Friday, April 19, 2019

Frugal Friday File 2019, week 16...

Successes:
1.  I worked on Thursday.  I came home for lunch to let the dog out, and ate leftovers.

2.  I made cards from supplies on hand, wrote letters, and mailed them.

3.  We closed a checking account that we've been leaving open at our old bank, sort of as a  separate savings account that we could write a check on if we needed to.  Also emptied our safe deposit box held at that bank and cancelled its rental.  We were being charged $3.50 a month for the account, and their website was very unfriendly.  After trying unsuccessfully to avoid the monthly fee, with less than nothing helpful from their online chat service, Carey and I went and closed the account and emptied the safe deposit box.  

4.  The next day we went to our credit union and deposited the funds in our emergency fund.  And since Kasey was available to meet us there, we accomplished something we've been planning for awhile; opened a joint checking account (no fees) with Kasey as a joint signer, and also rented a safe deposit box with her as an authorized party.  It feels good to get that done finally.  You never know when an emergency will happen.  

5.  I filled up with gasoline while near the lowest-price station after a medical appointment.  Downloaded a library ebook that I've had on reserve forever.  Adapted recipes to use what was on hand when I didn't have ingredients called for.

Saturday:  Family supper at Kasey & Beau's
Sunday:   ???
Monday:  goulash
Tuesday:  *anniversary dinner out
Wednesday:  Mexican Cornbread casserole w/ guacamole
Thursday:  *chicken sandwich
Friday:  *barbecue

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip in your blog. I didn't know credit unions offered safety deposit boxes. I just checked my credit union and it does offer them so I plan on getting one next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of help! I didn't know it either until I fairly recently, which is one reason we kept the bank account open so long.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails