background

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Tip of the week...

I'm a little bit of a germophobe.  I mean not in a crazy way.  Not as much as my previous boss.  :)  But especially in cold and flu season, I want to wash my hands as soon as I get out of a store or get done pumping gasoline.  And hand sanitizers just don't cut it for me....it may kill germs, but it doesn't remove any schmutz, etc.  
 I always have Wet Ones in my purse and in my car's console.  As soon as I get back in my car after shopping or pumping gas, I grab a towelette and give my hands a good scrub, front, back, and between fingers.  A good hardy wipe down.


Then I take the still-moist towelette (or a fresh one) and wipe down my steering wheel, my gear shift, my door handle, and my key...anything I may have touched in the process of entering the car.  I have always worried just a bit about this being a little obsessive.  Until today.  Today I heard on the radio that your own steering wheel is probably the dirtiest thing you come in contact with on a regular basis.   "The average steering wheel was found to have four times the amount of colony forming bacteria per square centimeter than a public toilet seat."  A PUBLIC TOILET SEAT, people!

It's dirtier than your cell phone.  Dirtier than a hotel remote control!  (I also wipe those down with towelettes from my purse.  HA!)

Okay.  I am climbing down from my soap (and water) box now.  

3 comments:

  1. Never thouht of wiping down the car, good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Tip of the Week and your soap (and water) box. I will buy your recommended wipes tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sensible precautions. I wiped down my steering wheel for the first time ina while the othe day. It was quite grimy (and that is just the dirt and not the invisible bacteria!) shopping trolley handles at supermarkets and handrails on stairs are other major sources of bacteria. I am not obsessive usually but I take extra precautions if there is an outbreak of flu.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails