background

Monday, January 21, 2019

Making it Monday...

We went to see Carey's mom today.  I wanted to take her something.  She writes notes to family and friends often, so I made some cards last night.

I used the August 2018 Paper Pumpkin from Stampin Up.  Paper Pumpkin is a monthly subscription that comes with everything you need to make a number of projects.

I thought of Carey's mom as soon as I saw this set, and as usual put off until the visit was imminent to make an assortment of cards. 

I finished in the wee hours, so the lighting is really atrocious, and the colors look washed out, but the colors in this kit are actually so vibrant.  

I added other cardstocks to make card bases and layers to stretch the number of cards I could make.  On most I used MS Publisher to design and print the interiors of the card bases with Bible verses.  I also used various sentiment stamps from my collection that are from other companies.
 
There were enough supplies in the kit to make duplicates of some of these, plus I have quite a bit of the vellum leaves, twine, glue dots, and dimensionals left over.

 I included a couple of books of floral postage stamps so she would have everything she needed.

We had a great visit and lunch out.  Carey and I got home about 8:00 p.m.  It was a long day, for sure, on how little sleep I had.  

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely, thoughtful gift for your Mum. She must have been so pleased.Long journeys are so exhausting. I hope you have caught upon your sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect gift for her. It will be much appreciated, and you know she will use them. How thoughtful of you. Long trips are tiring, be good to yourself and rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still trying to figure out what's going on. Comment above was from my iPad, shows my name and does link back to my blog, but no photo. This comment is being written on desktop,and I think pic will be there too. Weird...
    Anyway, your cards are lovely. That was a great kit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice of you to think of bringing a gift to Carey's mom when you visit. I'm sure she loves getting the cards that you make for her to send to others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful! That was my favorite 2018 Paper Pumpkin. Yes u should post your creations more often. Love!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails