background

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

2018 year in review...

Best Read of the Year:
News of the World by Paulette Jiles

Best Buy of the Year:
My Victorinox paring knives.  For fifteen years I've had one paring knife that I loved, and kept buying others that I hoped would live up to that one.  This year I decided to research my fave, buy more of them, and get rid of all the rest.  Sooooo happy I finally did this.

Best decision of the year:
Decided to give Weight Watchers another try.  I've tried their plan several times over the years, and this newest version makes the most sense to me and is the easiest yet.  I've lost 20 pounds.  

As far as how I did on goals:
     Being more productive?
          I worked a lot, and I created a lot.  Success!
     Getting jobs done that needed doing around the house?  
          Not so much.
     Healthier diet?  
          Yes.  Increased fresh fruit & veg; 
          decreased sugar and unhealthy fats.
     Reset sleep patterns?  
          Utter fail.  Must work on this.
     Eat breakfast?  
          Yes and no.  I definitely do it more often than before, 
          but I'm not consistent.
     Write it down?  
          Love my to-do list!
     Finances?  
          Did pretty well here, but rethinking methods for 2019.
     Home projects?  
          Utter fail.  House always suffers when I work more.
     Reduce possessions?  
          Utter fail.  
     Read the One-Year Bible?  
          Complete!
     52 Letters in 52 Weeks?  
          Complete!
     Quilting -- complete 10 projects?  
          Seven of ten projects completed!  Not too bad.

All in all, I am happy with how 2018 went.  NEXT!

8 comments:

  1. That's a nice review of your 2018 goals. I like your 52 letters in 52 weeks goal. I write letters but not that many; I am continuing with my One Year Bible reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Terra. I have really enjoyed the 52 letters/52 weeks challenge. I have undertaken it yearly (with varying results) for the past few years. My postman appreciates it.  Much success as you continue through the Bible. It’s a very worthy undertaking, and a big one!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year Kathy. Thank you for your letter which I took out with me to read over coffee yesterday. I completely forgot it was in my handbag so I shall be catching up with all your news later this morning.
    A great review of your year. Don’t stress about missing breakfast. I know the old adage is to breakfast like a king but there has been recent research that an extended overnight fast is good for dieting and may promote weight loss.
    Here’s to a happy and healthy New Year. I’ll write over the weekend when Ihave taken all the Xmas decorations down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you as well, Catherine! Discovering an unread letter is like an extension to the holiday. :) I still need to put decorations away as well. Had meant to work on it today, but started with a ‘quick’ trip to the city and was stuck in traffic delays due to two separate car accidents, got lost once…but made the same wrong turn twice…so it was a longer detour than it needed to be, and one of the stops I had intended to make had closed for business. So my planned work was delayed by fruitless wandering. :) Sometimes that’s just how it goes.

      Delete
  3. Loved your blog post and I'm proud of your path to wellness. Notice I didn't say weight loss - I'm trying out the new WW mantra. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sylvia! My forward momentum slowed over the holidays, but I'm ready to get back to work on it. Happily there was only a very slight tick up on the scale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved enemy women so I'm so glad to hear about this one. Good for you with WW, we did the Keto, but whatever does best for you. We are all different when it comes to dieting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about Keto, but my husband really likes his carbs, and he has no weight issues at all…never has…it’s kind of irritating!  Anyway, with this new WW plan, it was over a month before he even knew I was doing anything different, and I can still cook one meal for everybody, just switching up the servings for me.

      I really liked Enemy Women. I’ve read three of hers now, and not been disappointed in any. The relationship of the main characters in News of the World is so amazing. I just loved it. It has characters in common with her The Color of Lightning which was also very good.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails