background

Friday, December 7, 2018

Frugal Friday File 2018, week 49...

Successes:
1.  I booked two days of work; one next week and one the week after.

2. Found some Italian sausage in the freezer that was looking a little iced over.  Moved it to the fridge to thaw, and will use it in tomorrow's pasta instead of purchasing ground beef.

3.  Reading a library ebook.

4.  Adjusted soup recipe to include the remainder of portabello mushrooms that needed using before they shriveled up.

5.  Cold and wet weather makes staying home with a cup of hot chocolate and soup in the slow cooker a luxury not to be taken for granted.  

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  *sushi
Sunday:  Sunday family supper at Kasey & Beau's
Monday:  *sandwich
Tuesday:  *Chinese
Wednesday:  smoked oysters on crackers
Thursday:  *Whataburgers
Friday:  Beef & Winter Vegetable Stew

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

2 comments:

  1. I cleared out the freezer this week to make room for Christmas desserts. I found a pack of Toulouse sausages so like you I made a tomato and onion based pasta sauce. I skinned the sausages and pinched off bits of the sausage eat to fry then cooked in the sauce. It is all ready in the fridge for supper tonight which means I can go out Christmas shopping and not have to cook supper afterwards.
    It is wet and windy but not too cold here in the UK. Not very seasonal weather. I much prefer a cold crisp day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s exactly how I prepared it too.  We just finished supper, and it got thumbs up from the guys.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails