background

Friday, November 16, 2018

Frugal Friday File 2018, week 46...


Successes:
1.  Christmas tree is up...not decorated...but up.  :)  Early, I know, but I wanted Carey to put it up before he had to go back to work.  Several sections remained dark when it was plugged in, but adding a couple of strings of lights found among the decorations should hold it for at least one more year's use. (I think this is the third year I've said this.)

2.   A check that I had written and mailed for a doctor bill got lost in the mail.  When I called my credit union to put a stop payment on it so I could pay the bill with another check, I was fully expecting to pay the $20 stop-payment fee.  I was pleasantly surprised to be told that because it was a postal issue, the fee would be waived.  Nice surprise.

3.  And speaking of the credit union...  I just made the last payment on the loan we took to pay for the kitchen remodel.  New plan for the freed-up money is for it to go into savings every month.  

4.  We have hit freezing temperatures the last few nights and the days are chilly.  Rudy definitely needs a coat if he is outside for any length of time.  Though the 'sweatshirts' I made him last year kept him warm, they were rather difficult to get on and off over his head and front legs.  At the end of the season last year I picked up a velcro-fastening dog coat on clearance for $2.  He is wearing it now, and it is much easier to get him dressed and undressed.  
Such a dapper dog!  :)


5.  I made a birthday card from supplies on hand, and dropped it in the mail.  I refilled the foaming soap dispenser by my kitchen sink with 98% water and 2% regular dish washing detergent...cheap...and when my hands are greasy it works better than other hand soaps.  I paid $2.07 per gallon today when I filled the car with gasoline...down about 60¢ in the last few weeks.

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  big lunch, so *ice cream for supper!
Sunday:  Sunday family supper at Kasey & Beau's
Monday:  Dublin Coddle
Tuesday:  Roast, potatoes, carrots, broccoli
Wednesday:  *Tex-Mex
Thursday:  breakfast for supper
Friday:  open-faced roast beef sandwich

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

1 comment:

  1. My Christmas tree is not only up but it's decorated too... only because it never got taken down last spring. Since our postal service is on strike I'm sure there will be a lot of things lost in the mail!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails