background

Friday, November 2, 2018

Frugal Friday File 2018, week 44...


Successes:
1.  The hubs turned 65 this year.  After receiving our property tax notice last week, we remembered that we needed to claim our state's over-65 exemption which freezes home property tax at the rate of the year you turn 65.  Today we trekked to the county seat to do the paperwork, and were happy to learn that the freeze is at the rate it was at the beginning of this year not the statement we just received.  That alone will save us a lot this year, not to mention going forward.  

2.  Quick two-day trip with the hubs.  The kids took care of their brother (Rudy) for free. 

3.  Monday is quilting day at the library.  I thought we would be out of town, so I didn't register until today...online, so no need to leave home...love the library website.  So blessed to have a library with such great programs and space too.  The main library is under construction to add additional spaces, so we are meeting at its temporary annex, but still room to spread out and sew, and still free.  And I can't wait to see what the new improved spaces will be like when the library construction is complete.

4.  I have gone another week without replacing my phone.  It is getting less and less reliable, however, so it won't be long.

5.  I am seldom bored.  I can always entertain myself at home by cooking, sewing, creating something*, reading.  I attribute the ability to entertain myself to being a latchkey kid and spending so much time at home alone while my parents were at work.  Whatever the reason, I am really thankful, as entertaining yourself is a lot cheaper than paying for entertainment.  (*Of course, my hobbies aren't cheap, but that's a story for another day.)

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  late lunch, snacked for dinner
Sunday:  Sunday supper at Kasey & Beau's
Monday:  Inside Out Eggrolls
Tuesday:  Roasted Spaghetti Squash w/ meat sauce
Wednesday:  Tortilla Soup
Thursday:  *road eats
Friday:  ???

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

6 comments:

  1. I'm not sure you meant for this to post this early!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Nope, sure didn't. I always start with a blank template, and add the meals on each day. I must have hit submit instead of close.

      Delete
  2. You're getting create with your lists!!
    Hope that you enjoyed yourself at the quilting retreat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I thought for a minute you were talking about last week's list. I will have to fix this. LOL

      Delete
  3. I seldom get bored either, Kath. I always have jobs in the garden or a pile of books about to topple over before I read them or a little project to do more stitching or sewing on or a verandah railing to lean on to look out over the trees. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About the only time I go 'out' for fun is when a friend coerces me. :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails