background

Friday, August 17, 2018

Frugal Friday File 2018, week 33...


Successes:
1.  Received another work call; an employee's spouse was transferred, and she is leaving pretty imminently.  They are located in the neighboring town that I said I wasn't going to commute to anymore, but this branch has been really great to work at in the past, so I'm compromising and booked three days a week for the next three weeks.  I did say I could be flexible due to a medical issue with a coworker in that branch.  It's one I have struggled with myself, so I know how unpredictable and debilitating it can be.

2.  The amount of work I've had this year has been hard on my limited work wardrobe.  I finally caved and ordered some new black slacks as well as navy ones.  I also ordered a few tops  and a scarf which will replace some in my closet that are starting to look more washer worn than I am comfortable going to work in...we are expected to maintain a professional appearance.  Everything was 50% off.  Now my closet, which has been needing a good clean out for awhile, must be attended to sooner rather than later.

3.  I made a new casserole recipe which was pretty awful.  We ate it anyway, but the leftovers were not saved.  I'm not THAT frugal.  :)

4.  I went out to eat with a friend, and we both had salads.  I ordered my dressing on the side and used the old dieting method of dipping the fork in the dressing before spearing each bite of salad.  There was WAY too many lovely fresh lettuces and cucumbers to finish.  Since the greens on my plate remained undressed (!) and would stay crisp, I brought them home to make a side salad for us at another meal.

5.  I was looking around the pantry this week to see what needed to be used up, and I came across a bottle of peach flavored syrup to make flavored beverages.  I brewed a pitcher of tea and am now enjoying peach iced tea.

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  *dinner out with Bobby
Sunday:  Burrito Casserole (worst Pinned recipe ever!)
Monday:  *Chinese
Tuesday:  *friend night out
Wednesday:  *baked potato
Thursday:  Spanish rice w/ beef
Friday:  Shrimp Salad

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

3 comments:

  1. Hope your job works out well for you.

    It amazes me how some clothes look like we have just bought them even though they are years old and been washed many many times.

    While others can look well worn after just a few washes.

    It is not price dependent either which surprises me even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Fiona. How right you are! I have a couple of tops in my closet now that have been worn regularly for at least ten years, and look fine, but boy am I tired of them at this point! Then there is one I love, and have received many compliments on the few times I've worn it, and it already shows signs of age. :(

      Delete
  2. Really laughed at your casserole bit... lol! Some things in life just aren’t worth it, are they!? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails