background

Friday, July 27, 2018

Frugal Friday File 2018, week 30...


Successes:
1.  Refilled prescriptions.  I am SO thankful for prescription coverage!

2.  I had a sleep study last night.  I am SO thankful for medical insurance!  (But my share was still expensive.)  

3.  Last night as I was trying to fall asleep in a strange, uncomfortable bed in the city with electrodes stuck to my face, scalp, neck, chest, and leg (and starting to get hungry from skipping dinner), I was promising myself that I could pick up breakfast on the way home.  However, when checkout time came before sunrise, all I wanted to do was get home and get some real sleep in my own bed.

4.  My sister has a great-grandchild now, so she stopped by to pick up a family heirloom rocking horse that I've had possession of since our grands were toddlers.  Since sis lives 500 miles away, I was glad that she was able to work it into a trip, and nobody (me) had to make a special trip or try to ship it.  :)

5.  A co-worker called Carey about an electrical problem at the house they use while working.  Carey fixed it at zero expense by having the correct supplies on hand (and a lifetime of practical know-how).  I've said it before, and I'll say it again, he is a frugal guy to have around.

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
Sunday:  Sunday family dinner at Kasey & Beau's
Monday:  *Tex-Mex
Tuesday:  *hamburgers
Wednesday:  meatloaf, baked potatoes, corn on the cob
Thursday:  late lunch, skipped dinner
Friday:  breakfast for dinner

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

2 comments:

  1. I do like a practical man! My husband is just like that. Even though he has never been taught any building skills he can do plumbing, build a stone wall and turn his hand to lots of things. He assisted the builders on our stone built barn 40 years ago and learnt such a lot.
    Hope you got a few hours sleep once you got home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I missed replying to this one! Give me a practical man ANY day! My only complaint is that mine cares only for the practical side and the aesthetics matter not a bit to him. That part makes me just a bit crazy sometimes.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails