background

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

What I'm reading Wednesday...

The Trees by Conrad Richter

I finished this one.  It is an old book...originally published in 1940...and the first of a trilogy.  It's about the settling of Ohio and cutting down the old-growth forest.  I have a piece of my family history somewhere, that says my great-grandmother remembers her childhood in Ohio before the old-growth trees were all cut down, so this was of personal interest to me.  I also found the 1978 television miniseries on DVD at our library, and watched it this week.  I will probably read the other two books in the trilogy.

The Last Kingdom by Bernard Cornwell

I just started reading this one.  It has been on my Kindle for awhile.  I want to read it before I watch the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails