background

Thursday, June 7, 2018

Seven random thoughts on the 7th...


1.  My blog has gotten repetitive and boring with only What I'm Reading Wednesday and Frugal Friday File posts lately.  Fingers crossed I will have some time soon to be able to get out and about and have time to write about it!

2.  We have hit 100° F (38ish C) and continue to hover around there for the past week or more.  Ugh!  So hot.

3.  The heat makes me do impulsive things to get more comfortable...like cut my hair off:
4.  Our public library is undergoing a big building project.  I don't know how it could get any better, but I'm looking forward to seeing the planned improvements.  The big news this week is that they are also changing its name.  Now that's going to take some getting used to.

5.  On my way to the chiropractor today, I got stuck in stopped traffic for a good thirty minutes as a work crew was putting in a stop light on a two-lane section of the highway.  I came home a different way, but still had construction delays.  It seems every route to or from our home is undergoing construction at the same time!  Our county is undergoing extreme growth (2nd fastest-growing county in the U.S.)

6.  Speaking of growth, the empty lot next door to us has surveyor's stakes up.  We may have construction right on our doorstep soon.  :(

7.  Today is my Catie-bug's birthday!  Thirteenth...a teenager.  She is away for the week, so I had to text my birthday wishes...but that's a fitting method for a teenager, no?

6 comments:

  1. We have construction in our neighborhood too, a water main replacement project. I never know which street will be blocked next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me a little crazy. I never know how much time to allow to get somewhere on time.

      Delete
  2. That is hot! Let's see the new hairdo please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new do! It really suits you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, We've been away from blogging for a while now, but glad to see you are still at it. I think "C" and I may give it another whirl soon! I like your haircut! I let my hair go gray/silver and got a summer cut also! Feels good!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails