background

Friday, June 22, 2018

Frugal Friday File 2018, week 25...


Successes:
1.  Karma.  I had an appointment for my mammogram this week in the city.  It was in a medical building with a parking garage.  First I overslept.  Then it was raining.  I forgot to get cash for the parking fee.  I made it to appointment about 15 minutes late.  I checked in, updated some forms, got called back, undressed, had mammogram, redressed, and was done.  I decided to ask at the 'toll booth' if I could pay with a card rather than cash.  I stopped and gave the garage attendant my ticket, and she said, "Have a nice day!"  I was parked for less than 30 minutes, so it was free!  Less than 30 minutes for a medical appointment where I had to disrobe, etc?  Amazing.  

I have been to this medical building for LOTS of appointments with two different doctors as well as the imaging center I visited this week.  I always make sure to have cash before I go, because the ATM machines in the building charge an outrageous fee.  And after paying my parking fee, if I have change due, I often ask the attendant to keep it to pay for someone behind me who may not have cash or may just need a random act of kindness after a doctor visit.  Karma smiled on me this time.  :)

2.  Mammogram is fully covered as preventative care by insurance.  SO thankful for insurance.

3.  I've gotten a lot of bang for my buck out of my card-making supplies lately.

4.  No shopping...in stores or online...this week.

5.  Returned library books and DVDs on time.  It was not as easy as usual, since the DVDs have to be returned inside the library (rather than in the drop box in the parking lot) and the library construction is in full swing making access rather challenging.

Keep Trying:  I've been relying much too much on takeout lately.  Mostly because I don't want to go grocery shopping.  It's too hot to get out.  It's too hot to cook.  Wah, wah, wah.  Must push through these excuses and get back in the kitchen!

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  leftovers
Sunday:  leftovers
Monday:  *Chinese takeout
Tuesday:  *dinner out with a friend
Wednesday:  *fried chicken
Thursday:  Goulash
Friday:  pasta salad

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

2 comments:

  1. I use "too hot to cook" a lot during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear, I break out in a sweat just thinking about it.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails