background

Friday, March 23, 2018

Frugal Friday File 2018, week 12...


Successes:
1.  I went to Hobby Lobby this week with the purpose of purchasing two bronze door knobs for the armoire.  They happened to be on sale; half price, so $2 each.  Left only with what I went for and no impulse purchases.

2.  Took the girls to the library last night.  They've always used their mother's library card or mine.  We took the time for them to each sign up for their own card.  Free.  Priceless.

3.   Finally did an online grocery order with curbside pickup, taking advantage of the $4.99 fee being waived for the first 4 orders.  So much less frustrating.

4.   Made many freezer meals for Carey to take to work.  Trying to get a head start on the month I will be working/commuting and not wanting to come home and cook a lot.

5.  Caitlyn is spending the night tonight.  She wants to make some jewelry, and goodness knows I have jewelry making supplies, so free entertainment.  ***edit***Ended up not being free.  We spent $ on supplies.  Thank heavens most of what we got was half price.

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  Dublin Coddle
Sunday:  Sunday supper at Kasey's
Monday:  Roast beef, potatoes, carrots, green beans
Tuesday:  Chili Frito Pie
Wednesday:  *Tex-Mex
Thursday:  supper at Kasey's
Friday:  *Tex-Mex

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been busy. Good luck with your month’s work. I hope it is not too much of a shock to the system and it is good to be as prepared as you can with meals etc. The online groceries will save you time too. May even save money as there will be no popping extras into the trolley. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the same about the online grocery shop preventing impulse purchases. Of course, it also prevents on-site reminders of things you might be out of...I've already come across that.

    I fully expect a shock to my system with the work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just curious if you got produce and how it was? Planning on moving to blacklist from now on, fee or no fee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did order onions, potatoes, and carrots, but those are pretty easy things to have someone else pick out for you. My son-in-law said that in speaking with an employee, they said that they try to be pretty picky with selecting customers' produce, because if they aren't people will stop shopping for produce with them. That makes sense to me, so I will probably try more produce on next order.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails