background

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

What I'm reading Wednesday...

Everything Happens for a Reason: And Other Lies I've Loved
by Kate Bowler

I heard the author interviewed on the radio recently, and came straight home to order her new book.  

She was raised in a Mennonite community in Canada, and is now an assistant professor at Duke Divinity School specializing in the study of the prosperity gospel.  She was happily married with a new baby, when at 35 she was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer.

Having just completed When Breath Becomes Air, I was not planning on jumping into another book about a young, articulate, caring person with a terminal disease.  But having heard her voice and her beautiful expression of thoughts, I felt I had to read it, and I had to read it now.  It arrived in the mail yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. I read When Breath Becomes Air too and really liked it, sad as it was.
    Hadn't heard of this one.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails