background

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

What I'm reading Wednesday...

Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann

I think I saw this ebook on special at Amazon during January...think but not sure...and checked my library site and found that it was available.  Either that or I just came across it on library site.  I began reading it when I had left my library hard copy of The Color of Lightning at home while out and about but had my Kindle in my purse, so I have been switching from one to the other.  Interesting to read them simultaneously, as both are about about Native Americans in the same area of the country.  The Color of Lightning is set in 1865, and Killers of the Flower Moon is based on events that occurred in the 1920s.  One is a novel about the initiation of reservation system, and the other is based on fact about some of the results of the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails