background

Thursday, January 25, 2018

When leftovers are better than first run...

Day before yesterday I cooked a roast in the slow cooker.  When it was done and I was slicing the meat, I separated out about a quarter of it and shredded it, then stored it in the refrigerator.

Tonight I pan grilled some sliced onions and green and yellow bell peppers.  I warmed up the shredded beef in the microwave.  Served the beef and grilled vegetables on flour tortillas with some shredded cheese and store-bought guacamole, pico de gallo, sour cream and lime wedges.  

YUM!  Sometimes the leftovers outshine the original meal.  :)

2 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious! I'm thinking Mexican food needs to be on the menu soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when this happens! Looks delish.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails