background

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

What I'm reading Wednesday...

See What I Have Done by Sarah Schmidt

This one is based on the 1892 murders of Andrew and Abby Borden.  I've read several books on the topic, all of which stuck to the facts of the case.  This one is an imagining of what ifs, and it is written in a somewhat Gothic style.  

Today was a rainy day, and perfect for staying in and reading this one.

Unrelated, but with a somewhat similar feel was a miniseries I binge watched on Netflix Monday night: Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood.  Based on the life of Grace Marks who was a young Irish-immigrant maid living and working in Canada.  In 1843 she was convicted of murdering her employer and his housekeeper.  I thought it was very well done.  I hadn't heard of the story before, but a friend at quilting group recommended it, and once I started watching it, I couldn't stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails