I really enjoyed the gourd painting class at the library yesterday. As I was choosing an unpainted gourd from the boxful, this one kept telling me, 'I'm a gnome! I'm a gnome!' :) I Googled 'gnome faces' on my phone, and chose one to use as a guide. This is how it looked when I left the library. I had already decided to add a mustache and change the mouth a bit, but I knew I had paint at home, so I decided to wait to make the changes.
Last night I fixed him up a bit. Here he is with his mustache and new mouth. I also altered his hairline a bit, and defined his beard a little. Then I used a fine-tipped sharpie to outline some of his features. I still need to spray it with sealer
He doesn't have a hole drilled in him to make him a birdhouse. I guess I could add one if I wanted to, but I know I won't. I think I will just add him to my Christmas decorations.
It was a fun project, and a fun group. He's not masterpiece, but as my first (and probably only) painted gourd, I am happy enough with him.