1. I picked up a day of work this week unexpectedly.
2. I cashed in credit card reward points for two $50 amazon.com gift cards. Our credit card doubled the reward points it gives on purchases sometime this year, so that was helpful. Unfortunately I think that was after I charged (and immediately paid off) the car's down payment. I also periodically check to see which businesses are currently multiplying reward points at their stores...I don't shop at most of them, but I noticed today that Michael's is offering 10 reward points on each $1 spent, and so is Starbuck's. I have a trip planned to Michael's this afternoon, and I will be buying some Starbuck's gift cards for Christmas, so those will add a few points to the tally.
3. On the way to Michael's I will stop at the bank to make a deposit. The library is nextdoor to the bank, and they are having a half-off sale of the books in their used/donated book nook. So I will also run in there and see if I can pick up some new-to-him books for Carey, and maybe the kids, for part of their Christmas presents. Ten-cent books as gifts. Sure!
4. I went to the dentist yesterday, and was thrilled that it was almost entirely paid for by insurance. Our insurance is changing at the first of the year, so my fingers are crossed that all of my current doctors will be on the new plan. I SO appreciate having insurance coverage, but I really hate figuring out the ins and outs of it, and I really, really hate having to leave a trusted doctor if they aren't on my 'plan' and have to search out a new one who is. I also have an appointment to see the ophthalmologist and get new glasses this month. Trying to squeeze everything possible in before the switch.
5. Groomed Rudy at home myself: bathed, cleaned ears, and trimmed nails. Washed his bedding, and changed the air filter near his kennel while I was at it.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Sunday: Sunday supper at Kasey's
Monday: Sausage, 4 Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
Tuesday: Frito Pie
Thursday: *late lunch out, skipped dinner
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)