background

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

What I'm reading Wednesday...

A Little Love Story by Roland Merullo
Love this author (Roland Merullo), and I liked this book, but I didn't love it.  About a carpenter/artist who falls in love with a woman who has cystic fibrosis.  The plot was interesting, the characters were likable, but the ending was very abrupt and left everything open.  It counted as 'a book you got from a used book sale' for the 2017 reading challenge.


Lucinda's Solution by Nancy Roman
I have followed the blog of Nancy Roman (author) for quite awhile.  I liked her first book.  I loved this one.  I'm not much of a crier, so if a book can move me to tears I count it as strong writing.  This one had me tearing up several times.  I believe the author based it on family history.  I don't know how much poetic license she took to flesh out the story, still it makes me think she comes from a very interesting family!  


The Diary of Mattie Spenser by Sandra Dallas
I am down to the final category of the reading challenge.  I thought it would be an easy category to choose a book for, but it proved quite troublesome for me.  'A book you've read before that never fails to make you smile.'  

I think I took this category too literally.  There are not that many books that I want to reread.  In fact, when I rate books on my 1-to-10 rating scale I only give a 10 if it is a book that I might want to reread someday.  When trying to select one of that short list for this category, I could think of only one that made me smile due to its humor...alas, I just haven't been in the mood to reread it this year.  So I decided to take the category prompt a bit more figuratively.  

The Diary of Mattie Spenser is the first book I read by Sandra Dallas, and I did rate it a 10.  I have since read the majority of her titles, and they brought me many hours of reading pleasure.  So in that way, yes, the thought of spending time with this book again does make me smile.  I started rereading it this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails