background

Friday, November 3, 2017

Frugal Friday File 2017, week 44...


Successes:
1.  Have scheduled a day and a half of work.

2.  Batched errands to save on fuel and impulse shopping opportunities.

3.  I resisted the fleeting thought that there might still be price-slashed Halloween candy in some stores that needed to come home with me.

4.  Returned audio book (all 30 CDs!) to library before entering the dreaded fine zone.

5.  I used a token and received a free Coke at my favorite drink stop.  I tend to hoard these to use them as a treat to tuck into a card being mailed to someone, but I was thirsty, and it wasn't happy hour, so I treated myself.  Though it says 'free medium cherry limeade' the small print adds 'or any soft drink.'



Keep Tryings:
I destroyed a semi-new wallet in my impatient attempt to remove my ID when asked for it by the bank teller at the drive thru window.  Then I kind of ranted on her for a new regulation that she, personally, had no control over.    But come on...requiring a photo ID to deposit $ into my account at the branch where the accounts are held?  Stupid rule.  I would understand completely if I had been making a withdrawal.  It's been kind of a gritchy (grumpy/bitchy) day, what can I say?


Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  *Tex-Mex
Sunday:  Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday:  Beef Stroganoff
Tuesday: 50¢ corn dogs at Sonic (Halloween special)
Wednesday:  Meatloaf, baked potatoes, green beans
Thursday:  Meatloaf sandwich
Friday:  *barbecue

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

2 comments:

  1. You did well this week. I went through the entire month of October without buying ANY Halloween candy. I was so proud of myself and I didn't eat any either (first time in 63 years I didn't eat candy corn!) That doesn't mean that I don't have some really good chocolate stashed away to enjoy regularly.

    I think DLs have gotten bigger and wallets haven't changed--and they have different sides to pull them out of. SO--I trimmed my DL a tiny bit and put a piece of tape on one side of the DL. I had to fold the tape so it wasn't sticky. We have to show our DL to everyone for everything. It's a Bardstown thing.

    Guess you now need duct tape or a new wallet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't buy any Halloween candy either. We don't get any trick or treaters here. I WISH I had some really good chocolate stashed somewhere! :)

      This wallet was an experiment. Really inexpensive, so I don't feel too bad about it not working out for me.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails