1. Have scheduled a day and a half of work.
2. Batched errands to save on fuel and impulse shopping opportunities.
3. I resisted the fleeting thought that there might still be price-slashed Halloween candy in some stores that needed to come home with me.
4. Returned audio book (all 30 CDs!) to library before entering the dreaded fine zone.
5. I used a token and received a free Coke at my favorite drink stop. I tend to hoard these to use them as a treat to tuck into a card being mailed to someone, but I was thirsty, and it wasn't happy hour, so I treated myself. Though it says 'free medium cherry limeade' the small print adds 'or any soft drink.'
I destroyed a semi-new wallet in my impatient attempt to remove my ID when asked for it by the bank teller at the drive thru window. Then I kind of ranted on her for a new regulation that she, personally, had no control over. But come on...requiring a photo ID to deposit $ into my account at the branch where the accounts are held? Stupid rule. I would understand completely if I had been making a withdrawal. It's been kind of a gritchy (grumpy/bitchy) day, what can I say?
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Sunday: Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday: Beef Stroganoff
Tuesday: 50¢ corn dogs at Sonic (Halloween special)
Wednesday: Meatloaf, baked potatoes, green beans
Thursday: Meatloaf sandwich
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)