1. Kasey was delivering children to camp on Sunday, so we did not have our regularly scheduled family dinner. I, however, forgot that until after I had made a dessert from pantry staples. Instead of digging in, I weighed the likelihood that it would survive a week in the freezer without diminished flavor or texture. I decided it probably would, so I wrapped it well and put it in the freezer. I feel SO ahead of the game for this week's Sunday family dinner.
2. Worked on Monday, and came home for lunch.
3. Wednesday I went to the city to meet a friend. I was in not one, not two, but three (3!) near accidents. I almost kissed the driveway when I got home, so happy was I to arrive home with no damages or injuries.
4. But wait; there's a fourth (4th!) Thursday I was driving to a neighboring small town, when a car traveling in the opposite direction suddenly veered entirely into our lane. I, as well as the car in front of me and one behind me, had to swerve off the pavement to avoid it. I think the driver in front of me may have soiled their undies...they missed a head-on collision by mere inches. If they had hit, I would almost definitely have collided with one or both of them. So I am going to be staying in my nice, safe home for the foreseeable future, because keeping a car undamaged and a body uninjured are frugal!!!
5. I made stationery and wrote letters this week. Went through stack of unsolicited mail offers, shredding anything with personal information. Used a sharpie to redact personal info from prescription bottle labels before disposal. Gas prices are down, and I found the lowest price while on my errand route with a very low tank. Refilled cleaning bottles with vinegar from mega-size container. Leaving a/c thermostat alone and using ceiling fans to feel more comfortable, and remembering to turn them off when I leave the room.
1. Broken Kindle. :(
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday: homemade burgers w/ lettuce, tomato, onion,
Sunday: *Schlotzky sandwiches
Monday: Carey / leftover burger; me / 1/2 lettuce sandwich
Tuesday: *dinner out
Wednesday: Carey / Taco Salad; me / *friends' night out
Thursday: Homemade Pizza
Friday: Homemade Lasagna
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)