background

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

What I'm reading Wednesday...

I managed to finish last week's book.  Just thought I'd mention that since I whined on about it so.  

After soldiering on through that one, I decided to try one of the challenge categories that I really dreaded...steampunk...and I promised myself that I could lay it aside if I hated it.

Chronicles of Steele: Raven by Pauline Creeden

  Surprisingly, I didn't.  I will never be a devotee, but I finished it on Sunday, and it was more enjoyable than the one before it.

That makes 26 books ticked off of my 2017 reading challenge.  I believe...yes, indeed...that makes an even 50%.  Hmmm...didn't someone predict October would see me at 50%?  :)  Of course from here on out, it may get harder to fill the categories.  Things like a book on career advice...one from a non-human perspective...one that has over 800 pages!  Oy!

 
My Husband's Wife: A Novel by Jane Corry

I started this one on Monday.  I made a lot of progress since I sat with my knee up a good part of the afternoon and evening.  Yesterday my knee felt a lot better, so didn't get to spend as much time reading, but it did keep me up quite late.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I've had fun looking at your reading posts! It's nice to do a challenge and I've thought of trying that just to get out of a rut. But I DO love my mysteries! Happy reading! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane! Last year I felt really kind of burnt out with reading, so I went in search of a challenge for this year that would really make me stretch. So far I'm really enjoying it.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails