1. I have this thing about patio furniture. As much as I love the look of cushions, I won't sit on outdoor furniture with cushions, because I'm afraid there might be spiders or scorpions hiding in them. So we've been using a ratty folding chair on the patio when we are outside with Rudy. However, it is starting to become rather unsafe. By shopping online, I thought I found what I wanted to replace it (and on clearance), but when I went to look in person today, the store didn't have the one I wanted. I'll keep looking. Delaying the gratification.
2. I booked a few hours of work for next week. I usually don't book less than a whole day, but since this branch is a new local one, the gasoline usage won't eat into the take-home pay by much.
3. Staying home, reading and catching up on sleep...no spend activities.
4. The weather is very mild; no need for A/C or heater. Perfect for going to the drive-in, which we haven't done in a couple of years. But I checked out what's playing, and nothing I want to see. Ah, well, money stays in pocket.
5. I haven't bought Rudy any new toys. Haven't hired out house cleaning chores. Haven't bought any new clothes or shoes. Haven't gotten a haircut.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday: retreat food
Sunday: retreat food - I provided salad for Sunday's meal
Monday: retreat food
Tuesday: retreat food
Wednesday: salad with *purchased popcorn chicken added
Thursday: Spanish rice
Friday: *Scholotzky sandwiches
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)