1. I worked three days this week. I took my lunch all three days.
2. We cooked dinner at home all week and packed extra servings into the freezer for Carey to take to work.
3. We have had some irritation with the cable service lately. Carey wants to go back to satellite. I reminded him that a little irritation is better than the huge satellite bill.
4. My knee is acting up. Today it collapsed under me while I was trying to run errands on my lunch hour. I went down...in public...highly embarrassing...but nothing broken, so I survived and was able to return to work and finish out the day. But once there I got a paper cut. And the branch got audited. Why am I always working alone when the auditors stop by? So happy I was able to get back to my post and they didn't show up to find a deserted office.
5. I was going to buy my mother-in-law a birthday card...was on my way into the store when...see #4 above. I think she's getting another handmade card this year.
Keep Tryings: The dishwasher part that Carey ordered was $168...and it didn't fix the problem. Grrrr.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday: Shepherd's Pie
Sunday: Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday: roast, potatoes, carrots, gravy
Tuesday: meatloaf, twice-baked potatoes, corn
Wednesday: spaghetti, garlic toast
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)