background

Friday, February 3, 2017

Frugal Friday File, week 5...


Successes:
1.  I got a call on Monday asking if I could work on Tuesday.  Sure!  While I was working, an employee from a new branch in town (who holds the position that I fill in for) happened to drop by after a doctor's appointment next door, and I was able to get acquainted and let her know that I am available to fill in at her branch when she is out sick or on vacation.  Serendipitous networking.  :)

2. Remembered on Jan 31st that I hadn't paid a bill due on Feb 1st.  Got it done in the nick of time.  Whew!  No late fee.

3.  Chili left from one meal remade into enchilada casserole a few days later.  Leftovers don't have to be rerun as the same old boring thing.

4.  I went to see Hidden Figures this week with a friend.  Went to the matinee on a weekday and managed to resist popcorn and snacks.

5.  I've had an Amazon order in my 'shopping basket' for weeks, but haven't clicked on 'checkout' yet.

Keep Tryings:  I went by Petco this week to buy a new retractable leash for Rudy.  While there I picked up a couple of new toys for him.  It seems I am ever in search for an indestructible soft toy.  One lasted about three hours.  The other one is still being played with, but its days are numbered as two of its three sections are in shreds.

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  *Whataburger
Sunday:  Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday:  roasted chicken, diy rice-a-roni, broccoli
Tuesday:  leftovers
Wednesday:  enchilada casserole, Spanish rice, guacamole
Thursday:  Thai Quinoa Salad and salmon filet
Friday:  Beef Vegetable Soup and cornbread

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Your Amazon shopping basket sounds just like mine although I have to admit that one of the Great British Bake Off cookbooks slipped out of the shopping basket and into my mailbox! No self-control, that's me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems you have nice time in the week and lucky that no late fee charged. like the way of blogging, And now you have a regular reader....

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails