1. FINALLY got around to cutting down the 4" foam cushions for the window seat (after decreasing bench width by adding shelves on either side). I've put it off for a month dreading messing it up. I'd always heard to use an electric carving knife, but not having one, I opted to use an inexpensive serrated knife from the knife drawer (not my good bread knife) rather than spend $ on a one-time use item. Since I only had straight, easy cuts, it worked perfectly well to suit me. Now if I did this sort of alteration a lot, I would go for the precision of the electric, but I don't see any more chores like this on my horizon, so I'm happy saving the $15.99.
2. Car sharing again til hail damage to son's car repaired. Not having car at work means I'm packing a lunch.
3. There was no giving in to fabric temptation this week.
4. I drank more water, made my iced coffee at home, and made fewer trips to Sonic.
5. Put off haircut for yet another week.
I did pretty well this week all around. I did make some online purchases that weren't strictly necessities, but they were either needed, waited for, and purchased on clearance, or needed and gifts. Not really impulse purchases, so not really 'Keep Tryings' at all.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Monday: fried rice
Tuesday: Oven Barbecued Chicken/Twice-baked Potatoes
Wednesday: Taco salad
Thursday: King Ranch Casserole
Friday: *Schlotzky sandwiches
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)