background

Thursday, November 24, 2016

To remember from this Thanksgiving meal...


This may be one of those stories where you had to be there for it to be funny, but I'm going to tell it anyway, because it tickled our funny bones, and I don't want to forget it.

So as everyone had feasted to the max and people started leaving the table, Caitlyn (11) stretched out on the bench used as seating on one side of the table.  She groaned, and declared, "Oooohhhh, I think I'm having a turkey BABY."  Kasey and I got the giggles, because it was just so unexpected and descriptive of an over-full tummy.

Whereupon Jared returned to his seat at the table with his dessert, which forced Caitlyn to move suddenly, and she wailed, "Aaagghhh, my GRAVY broke!"

And that is one example of what I am so thankful for:  family and fun, love and laughter, that we share around the table and throughout the year.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Haha, I think I would have busted a gut at that one! I KNOW the feeling... I hope you were quick to reply that the best antidote would be to get up and help with the dishes... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Linda, you are GOOD! No, I did not think fast enough to say that. Must have been suffering from the L-tryptophan overload. :)

      Delete
    2. Good answer Linda! LOL! Great memories in the making...

      Delete
    3. I wish I had thought of Linda's answer too!

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails