background

Friday, October 28, 2016

Frugal Friday File, week 43...


Successes:
1.  Bathed Rudy, cleaned his ears, trimmed his nails myself.  No grooming fees.

2.  When Carey has to work out of town, he is happiest taking meals packaged from our home-cooked meal leftovers.  He keeps a separate freezer just for his work meals, and it was virtually empty.  This past week I made him four different meals, and he just started three weeks of vacation, so by the time he has to worry about taking meals to work with him, we will once again have a freezer full of a wide variety.

3.  Had an issue with my brakes this week.  Carey was able to diagnose it and repair.

4.  Made cards this week from supplies on hand.

5.  Awhile back I wanted to order new earrings, but opted to start wearing ones that have been languishing in my jewelry box instead.  I've been wearing some studs night and day for weeks on end without removing them.  Yesterday I tried on another pair that I love the look of, but in the past they were so uncomfortable that I could barely wear them for an hour.  Apparently the constant wearing of earrings has desensitized my ears, as I wore the previously painful pair for several hours last night with no discomfort whatsoever.  I'm going to have to try other pairs that were uncomfortable in the past to see if they are wearable now.

Keep Tryings:
I bought Rudy a new toy that crinkles instead of squeaks, and I took my time looking for one that seemed pretty indestructible.  He really liked it.  Unfortunately it lasted barely two days before he was able to disassemble it and was biting off small pieces of plastic.  sigh.  The whole thing had to be thrown away, and we are back to the LOUD squeakies.  Unlike our pets in the past who always seemed to go after the squeaky mechanisms and rip them out, Rudy is happy to leave them in place and squeak and squeak and SQUEAK!!!

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  King Ranch Casserole, guacamole
Sunday:  Sunday family dinner at Kasey's - Chicken & Dumplings
Monday:  grandson invited me out for my birthday
Tuesday:  Lentil Soup
Wednesday:  Chili
Thursday:  *Diego's birthday dinner out
Friday:  beef & vegetable soup

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. love lentil soup; Squeak, Rudy, Squeak; really want to learn to make rolled out dumplings...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn’t even taste them, so cannot recommend or not. I really, really don’t like rolled dumplings. Just taste like heavy, doughy blech to me.

      I do, however, like SOME lentil soup, and YOURS was good to me and I based my recipe on.

      As for Rudy squeaking, I can move his bed to the guest room while you are here. :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails