Somehow in the rush of packing and projects on Friday, I didn't get this posted.
1. Having a sewing machine and knowing how to use it can really save the day!
2. Having frugal friends. Quilting friends all chip in to pack and prepare meals for retreat instead of splurging on expensive retreats that provide meals or going out.
3. Using supplies from the craft room.
4. Using my forty-year-old sewing machine. I toy with the idea of a new one, but the one I have works for now (though you can't get new parts for it, so its days may be numbered).
5. Carey was able to get his truck's air conditioning repaired for $200+. We thought it might be much more, so he put it off as long as he could stand it. So nice to have a trusty and economical mechanic for jobs hubs can't take care of himself.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday: sandwiches and chips
Sunday: Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday: *dinner out
Tuesday: pork chops, rice, three bean salad
Wednesday: Shrimp Pasta Salad
Friday: *burger out
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)