1. No pet is necessarily frugal. Even if they arrive in your home at no cost, going forward they require a lifetime of spending on food, vet care, and grooming. Our new little guy did come with a price tag, BUT I had money socked away for a 'special budget item' that was enough to cover the entire initial outlay.
2. Having the good sense to keep a handy hubby always lands in the frugal success column. :) This week I described to Carey something I had seen on Pinterest, and with some wire mesh and lumber scraps (all of which he had on hand), he was able to execute a FABULOUS solution for corralling pup.
3. Turned down lunch and shopping invitation, and countered with invitation to hang out here with Rudy. Friend is an animal lover. :)
4. Sent hubs to grocery for some fresh produce, but otherwise we are still doing quite well on the supplies I stocked up on two weeks ago.
5. Our phone service is a rural cooperative. Once a year they distribute capital credits to members (customers) by applying the balance to your bill. I believe the amount increases the longer you are customers. We've been with them for over 15 years, so this month we got an $80+ credit on our bill. Nice.
We have used a lot of gasoline this week making an 8-hour round trip to visit mother-in-law on Saturday and a 4-hour round trip to pick up Rudy on Sunday.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Sunday: Sunday dinner at Kasey's
Monday: pork chops, sweet potatoes, creamed peas
Wednesday: Taco Salad
Thursday: Goulash and garlic bread
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)