background

Monday, April 18, 2016

Making it Monday...

Virginia's Taco Soup

Today was one of those days where seemingly for every one step forward, I took two steps back.  I got plenty done (bills paid, laundry done, new printer installed, vacuum sealed some foodstuffs for freezer, made my weekly goals list), but also had a few 'duh' moments like running into a chair (that's gonna leave a mark).  

Luckily this soup is unbelievably easy, so no mishaps here, and it's home cooked (sort of) and budget friendly.  I make it when I don't want to work hard, but I want Carey to think I worked at least a little bit hard.  :)  Seriously the easiest and quickest dish in my repertoire.  I posted the recipe at What's Cookin' 4 Miles North of Nowhere.

I have to work for the rest of the week, and we're still car sharing (again).  This isn't as easy as last time, since I'll be working in a neighboring town for three of the days and only one day locally.  I think I've got all the commute arrangements taken care of.
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I love a good soup...and this looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, and thanks for visiting my blog. I popped over to yours, and really enjoyed reading your US/Germany comparison. I’ll bet some of that awesome German bread would go well with a big bowl of soup. :)

      Delete
  2. That soup looks divine. I love soup, homemade soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And glad you stopped by. I popped by your blog as well, and the Chicken Italian look delicious! And I love the laundry on your clothesline. We haven't had one for quite awhile, because of our dogs, but we are down to one old dog now, maybe when he is gone I'll get another clothes line. :)

      Delete
  3. This looks yummy! I love anything with the word "taco" in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Pamela. Not exactly Whole 30, though. :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds yummy... I too love homemade soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s my little secret that this one only takes about five minutes.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails