background

Friday, April 1, 2016

Frugal Friday File, week 13...


Successes:
1.  Checked out Outlander Season 1 from the library.  I've been wanting to see it since it first came out on Starz...but not enough to subscribe.

2.  I was so late mailing my m-i-l's birthday card, I thought maybe I should run and purchase one and mail it in one trip.  But I just sat down and got it made instead.  Probably just as quick, and no distractions or impulse purchases that way, and used up supplies on hand.  I did use fuel driving the card (along with one from Caitlyn and two bills) to the main post office in the city, but the cards reached m-i-l the day before her birthday, so it was worth it to me.

3.  I hate clipping coupons, because they always seem to be for things (cleaning products or convenience foods) that I don't use, and because I ALWAYS forget to take them when I go shop.  Today I signed up at my local grocery store's website and also downloaded their app for my phone.  Now I can select the digital coupons on the website for items I actually use and they are sent to my phone.  (Actually I think the search can be done from the phone also, but to me it's just easier on my laptop.)  On today's shop I saved $9.33 on things like my favorite toothpaste which I am about two days away from being out of, the brand of bacon I always use, the paper towels I use and am almost out of, crackers which I had used the last of this past week, canned diced tomatoes, and laundry detergent.  I don't think I'll be appearing on Extreme Couponers anytime soon (or ever), but it was $9.33 I would have spent on the shop today, so it feels like found money.

4.  Booked two days of work every week for the next six to eight weeks.

5.  Doubled recipe last night, cooked, packaged, and froze half for future meal.  Cook once, eat twice...my favorite motto.

Keep Tryings:
Regain a handle on meals out! 

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday: *bbq 
Sunday:  Sunday dinner at Kasey's
Monday:  *Chinese
Tuesday:  *salad with friend
Wednesday:  Beef Koftas w/ Yogurt Flatbread
Thursday:  pork chops, baked sweet potatoes, green beans
Friday:  roast, potatoes, carrots

(*not frugal takeout or dinner out) 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails