background

Monday, March 7, 2016

Seven random thoughts on the 7th...


1.  So tired of the political bull$*!+.  Zero good choices.

2.  I have been waiting for an ebay purchase for 2 weeks.  No problem with seller; my dissatisfaction is with the postal service.  According to tracking number it was mailed two weeks ago in Massachusetts, then traveled to New Jersey, then to Washington State, where it sat for several days.  Then to Dallas, then to San Antonio for a few days.  It now indicates that it is at my local post office, which supposedly attempted to deliver today, and supposedly left a notice that my "receptacle [was] full/item oversized."  There was no notice left in my receptacle or on either door.  In fact there was no mail at all left in my empty receptacle.  Granted the item I am awaiting is too large for said receptacle, but no more so than has been delivered many other times, when they drive right through the open gate, up the driveway, and ring my doorbell.  Irritation has set in, because I have to be gone tomorrow, and rain is predicted.  Do NOT want package to be rained on!

3.  CPA has finished our tax preparation.  Getting a refund.  Yippee!

4.  Got annual blood-work results back; good numbers.  Yippee!

5.  Today was quilting day at the library.  We were working on a quilt to donate to the library for a raffle fundraiser (in appreciation for the use of their facilities).  Fabrics are all from the Downton Abbey collection.  We got most of the top pieced today.  Borders will be added later, making it a nice large quilt.  The series finale aired here last night.  We are all fans, but we couldn't discuss it, because one of our group hadn't seen it yet.  I kept accidentally letting facts slip about finale events...all of them false.  I know...I'm a pill.

6.  My head is so congested tonight; I'm a mouth breather.  The humidity today was high.  Great.  My favorite part of warm weather.  Not.

7.  Still enjoying banana cake.  Mmmmmm.  :)
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I can't imagine keeping my mouth shut with a bunch of Downton Abbey friends. I was especially pleased for Mr. Barrow, altho each one of them will always be real to me. Did you see that pinterest picture of young Mr. Bates? Wow! Try some Breathe-Right Strips. Not attractive but really have helped me this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was happy for Barrow. And Edith too. I did see the photo I think you mean, and he is a cutie. I liked him in Lark Rise to Candleford.

      I've always been leery of Breathe-Right Strips just because my skin is so sensitive to adhesives. I may have to check them out though. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Agree 100% on #1 and ditto on #3 - at least we'll get a little back on all the cosmetic work we had to do in between tenants. I'm with Peggy, I would want to dissect every moment of the series and the last episode in particular. What are we going to do without Downton? Sounds like a blog post in the making. Have a great rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I might go back and watch previous seasons in order...one episode a week...each Sunday night. :)

      Delete
  3. Just reading your comments, and I love how much you guys love Downton Abbey. I think the USA almost embraced it more than we in the UK did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Caroline! If you knew the crap we get on tv over here, you'd know what a breath of fresh air it was for us! :) I'm so sick of 'reality' tv, give me something with wit and class...PLEASE! lol

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails