Joolz always has the yummiest looking things on her blog. Yesterday she had Lamb Koftas and Yoghurt Flatbread from Julie Goodwin's book Homemade Takeaway that made my mouth water. I commented on her post that I had to have one! Bless her, Joolz emailed me the recipes. :)
I'm posting similar photos to the ones she posted, so she can see that I actually meant it that I needed them now...
...and that I had success! The misshapen looking flatbread peeking out from the bottom of the stack was one that I ripped into to taste hot out of the pan.
Oh, it was exactly what I hoped it would be! Filling, but at the same time rather light with all the fresh veggies...a perfect transition into Spring. A sort of Eastern Mediterranean Taco, if you will (we're all about the tacos in our part of Texas).
Now here's the funny thing: I have a feeling mine ended up pretty differently from the book's recipe.
1) I had to use beef instead of lamb.
2) I unintentionally used Cumin instead of Coriander. (Coriander is one of those things that I always confuse in my head. I know it's also known by a different name, but I always think it's cumin when it's actually cilantro.)
3) I completely forgot to buy pine nuts, so they got left out.
4) I had no fresh mint for the yogurt dressing.
5) And lastly I forgot to serve with lemon wedges.
I was telling Jared this as he was
I need to post the recipe as I made it so I won't forget it either, because it passed the make-it-again taste test.