background

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Sunday Desserts - Inside Out German Chocolate Bundt Cake...

A fellow quilter was telling us about this cake at the recent retreat.  It sounded too easy not to give it a try.  I followed this recipe that I found on Pinterest.

Mine did not come out of the pan cleanly, and I carefully scooped out the parts that stuck to the pan and placed them back onto the cake.  After that I wanted to cover up the flaws pretty it up a little.

I took a second tub of Coconut Pecan Frosting, removed the lid and foil seal and heated it in the microwave for about a minute, stirred it, and put it back in the microwave for about ten more seconds.  When thin enough, I spooned about half of the tub over the cake as a glaze and let it drip down the sides.  (I'm storing the remainder of the tub in the fridge for later.)  Then I placed some chocolate chips in a glass bowl and melted them in the microwave.  I stirred them until they were smooth, and placed the melted chocolate in a plastic bag, snipped off a corner, and drizzled over the cake.

It turned out well.  Next week I think we are due a hearty cobbler or a dense pound cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails