background

Friday, January 29, 2016

Frugal Friday File, Week 4...


Successes:

1.  Cards made and sent from my stash of supplies.  Nothing purchased.

2.  Cancelled scheduled friend-date for dinner and auction.  It was rainy, I was already in city for mammogram, and didn't want to wait there for hours till meet up or waste gas to come home only to turn around and go back, so I called friend and begged off.  Coming home and crawling under the covers to read was much cozier and way more frugal.

3.  Suffered through a really awful cooking-with-leftovers experiment.  Blech...but on the other hand, no one was hungry afterwards and no $ spent.

4.  Really mild temperatures this winter have made for low heating bills.

5.  I found rolls of my favorite shelf liner tucked away in a cupboard.  Saves me buying any to line the newly painted shelves in the laundry room.  Yea!


Keep Tryings:

1.  Forgot to get cash before my mammogram appointment; wasted $4 in ATM fees using on-site ATM to get cash for parking.

2.  Ordered more quilt fabric.


Frugal From the Kitchen this week:

Saturday...Tuna Casserole, Broccoli
Sunday...Southwestern Twice-Baked Potatoes
Monday...ate leftovers out of fridge
Tuesday...(not frugal...burgers out)
Wednesday...Quesadillas
Thursday...Italian Chicken Twice-Baked Potatoes
Friday...chicken something-or-other (cooked extra chicken when I was prepping potatoes last night)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails